Implants have become part of the standard of care. This option secures the denture plate to provide a more comfortable fit, less wear on the ridges and greater bite force than traditional denture plates.
What is an implant?
An implant is a small titanium cylinder that is placed into your jaw that acts much like your natural root. The implant integrates with your jaw. Then, a functional top is placed on the implant so that your denture plate or removable partial can snap into place. This is a procedure that is typically done in the dental office using local anesthesia very much like many other dental procedures. These are available from Tim Chapel.
The benefits include:
- No slipping of bottom or top plate
- No messy adhesives
- Provides you with a stronger bite force so you can eat more of the foods you enjoy
- Dentures snap on and off so they are easily cleaned
- Used to secure partial dentures
- Eliminates or minimizes food traps
- Teeth are selected and arranged to complement your smile
- Facial profile can be restored after years of wearing worn dentures
- Gives a patient more confidence